Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day 280: Curry'd carrots

In an effort to "veg up" my dinners, I once again turned to my favorite vegetable.  These roasted curried carrots were so easy to put together, and so delicious!  I honestly could snack on these instead of popcorn or chips when I get the midnight munchies.  

I took 4 carrots, peeled them, and sliced them.  Next, I coated them with olive oil, sea salt and fresh black pepper.  Then, I lightly sprinkled some curry powder.  (Note that this is the generic curry powder that you get in the spice aisle!)  After that I lined a toaster oven pan with foil, poured the carrot mixture and spread out all the carrot pieces so that they were laid out.*  I have a Breville toaster oven which I just love to use to easily roast or broil veggies.  For these carrots, I set it at broil on the top shelf at a temperature of 400 degrees fahrenheit.  After about 15 minutes, I was left with awesomely roasted carrots that were so soft and tasty that even my teething 18-month approved.  

Carrots: my all-time favorite vegetable

*On a side note, don't you just love the color of carrots?  The hue is such a deep and rich orange that you can taste the curry even before putting it in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment