Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 304: Finding your (outdoor) space


I've been a yoga enthusiast for over 15 years now, and although the most typical place for yoga is a quiet room that is well lit with hardwood floors, there is some charm with doing yoga outdoors.  I've practice yoga on a beach in Puerto Rico with waves crashing in the background, and on a sun deck in Abu Dhabi during dusk when you could hear the call for prayer.  

Almost one year ago I posted about my indoor yoga space, and now I've found an outdoor one.  I was made aware of a patch of grass in our common space that was specifically for yoga.  Living amongst high rises, this little sanctuary adjacent to the lap pool has become the perfect way for me to start my day.  I go with my mat, and iPhone set with my tunes, starting with a sun salutation to the towards the generous sun.  Having this space for myself, even if it's just for 30 minutes, helps me further enjoy my "me" time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment