Thursday, May 5, 2016
Day 126: Cinco de Mayo! Sippin' on some Virgin Margaritas!
I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Mexican food. But somehow I planned a playdate on May 5th, and thought why not have a Cinco de Mayo themed playdate? Aside from sombrero related crafts, I thought my mom friends might like to kick back with some virgin Margaritas and let our kids make their own soft and hard tacos.
Here is one of the recipes I used! I even rimmed some of my plastic Ikea cups and let the kids have a bit!
2 cups orange juice
4 cups limeade
4 ounces simple syrup*
1. In a large jug, squeeze the juice of one lime. Set aside to use latter to rim the glasses.
2. Add the orange juice, limeade, and simple syrup.
3. If a blended drink is desired, add orange juice mixture to a dozen ice cubes in a blender and blend on high speed until completely blended.
4. To rim glasses, take the lime halves and trace them over rims of glasses. Spread sugar over a small plate or saucer. Then put the glass face down in the small plate, covering the rim neatly with the sugar.
5. Pour mixture over ice in rimmed glasses, or from blender into rimmed glasses. Sip and enjoy!
* This can be easily made by adding equal parts water and sugar and heating up in a sauce pan on the stove