Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Day 124: Guacamole, Gua-Guacamole! Cinco de Mayo preparations continue...

I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Mexican food. But I somehow planned a playdate on May 5th, and thought why not have a Cinco de Mayo themed playdate? Aside from sombrero related crafts, I thought my mom friends might like to kick back with some virgin margaritas and let our kids make their own soft and hard tacos.  

Here is one of the recipes I used for the guacamole. It was nice to use as a dip with tortilla chips and as a filling for the tacos!



Recipe

4 ripe avocados
1/2 lime, juice
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 medium tomato, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 tsp sea salt

1.  Peel and deseed the avocado.

2.  Squeeze lime juice over it and mix.

3.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Can use the cilantro to garnish as well.

Honestly, this was the last thing on my list of things to make, and deseeding and peeling the avocado took a lot of time.  My guests were about to arrive, so I decided to use a food processor instead of doing it by hand. Though it was a little more pureed then I had hoped it to be, it was still very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment