Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Day 125: Cinco de Mayo! Pico de Gallo for tacos!

I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Mexican food. But I somehow planned a playdate on May 5th, and thought why not have a Cinco de Mayo themed playdate? Aside from sombrero related crafts, I thought my mom friends might like to kick back with some virgin Margaritas and let our kids make their own soft and hard tacos.  

I had store bought taco shells and tortillas, and had shredded lettuce, ground beef, cheese and this pico de gallo as another filling.  




Recipe:

3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 lime, juice
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt

1. Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix!

2. Serve alongside tortilla chips, or as an addition to salads or tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment