Sunday, January 22, 2017

Day 22: Layering chains

I know, I know, this trend has been around for a while. But I can't help but love this new combination of chains I've put together!



Let me rewind. My mom drilled into my head that a girl/lady/woman should always wear a necklace.  
And you know how the things that our moms say echo in our heads for decades to come? This is why my neck feels naked if I leave the house without one. It doesn't matter if it's gold or silver, delicate or bold.  It can be whimsical, or a basic monogram. It can even be a plain simple chain with no pendent, but chances are if I'm walking out the door I've got something metallic dangling around my neck.  

With the recent trend of layering two or three (maybe even four?) chains, I added this new "free" chain I got from Scotch and Soda with my gold Tiffany's key pendent. Could there be a greater juxtaposition of chains?  One was literally free, like the kind of necklaces that come attached to a shirt you buy at high end stores, and the other was a push present for my second child! The chain I usually wear is longer, but I've recently started wearing it at a shorter length.  The seashell necklace is gold in color, but I'm not even sure what the material is.  And frankly, I could care less.  I just know that it won't last long, and I will wear it until it goes green! Matched with a grey Levi's tee and a wool BCBG Maxazria royal blue sweater, the seashell brings a bit of the beach to my winter gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment