Friday, January 1, 2016

Day 1 of 2016


One year ago I started this project, not knowing how it would go.  My goal was to make a journal, or catalog if you will, of the creative and lifestyle ambitions in my day-to-day life.  I wanted to make note of the small changes in my life, something that over the course of a year you can't really appreciate or sometimes even remember!  I especially like that it is a quick catalog of my frequent recipes, and I can easily access them from wherever I am.  

How was 2015 for me, you might ask.  As my toddler would say, "It was great!" (This is his typical response for everything).  I fine-tuned a few of my go-to recipes, and though my health and wellness initiations were at times short lived, I lost just over 10 pounds.  I traveled to cities I'd never been before like Prague, Vienna, and Hong Kong.  I also traveled to some of my favorite cities like New York, Paris, and Hyderabad, India.

So here we are at the start of the a new year.  I'm going to try to divide my categories into the following, alternating through them.

1.  Recipes (Knives and Whisks):  I will continue to provide easy to make recipes, that aren't too indulgent, and including dinner, entertaining and snacking options.

2.  Health and Wellness:  this will continue to include fitness, and living well tips.

3.  Style and Beauty:  I'm going to try to work on this section.  Many things when it comes to style and beauty I gloss over because I feel like it is redundant.  And style is so subjective, everyone has their own personal preferences.  I don't want to impose my sense of style over someone else's.

4.  Home decor and organization:  after reading the book about the KonMarie method, I'm going to try to implement it this year!

5.  Literal:  I started a local bookclub, and will be logging my favorite reads through that.

6.  Travel:  again, I'm going to try to focus on this more, maybe shifting my travel writing to this blog.

Here's wishing you health, wealth and happiness in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment